Saturday, August 28, 2010

morning muffin!

A little sunshine some coffee and a fresh baked muffin is a perfect morning in my book!
These muffins were supposed to be made last week for my little cousin who it turns out has a lot of power in the family when it comes to food.  She says she wants peach pie and poof my Mimi makes peach pie! Mimi was supposed to make her muffins but I ate all the blueberries so here we are a a full week later and I finally got my act together and got in the kitchen.  

Blueberry Muffins adapted from Martha Stewart
makes 12 

Makes 1 dozen
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg


preheat oven to 375,  line muffin pan or butter and flour muffin pan. combine flour salt and baking soda and nutmeg.  mix 2 tablespoon of the flour mixture with the blueberries just to coat. 
In a mixer combine butter and sugar until fluffy about 3 minutes then add eggs one at the time also add in the vanilla. slowly mix in flour until just combined then add in the milk.  get a spatula or large spoon and mix in the berries careful not to mush them.
evenly full the muffin pan and then pop in the oven for about 30 minutes rotating half way through.  the tops should be nice and brown and when a toothpick comes out clean they are done.
I did sprinkle them with a few tablespoons sugar before baking but you don't have too.






have a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to yeast and sugar, can you accommodate me? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. of coarse we can be yeast free and sugar free no problem!

    ReplyDelete