Friday, August 6, 2010

where did you go summertime??

August is here which always puts my stomach in a knot.  It is total carryover from childhood and my fear of the school year and being apart from my momma.  I think I was in at least the 5th grade before I finally could get through the first day of school without making myself physically sick with nerves.  Somehow my clock has never adjusted and come August my body thinks its going to school.  This year my body is right though, big changes are a brewing and I am going back to school and packing and moving and my anxiety level is so high that I feel like I have had 8 cups of coffee when really its just been one.  
I have been trying to cherish the little moments where I feel lazy and relaxed.  For me this feeling happens when I am with my family enjoy good food and the occasional summer storm power outage.  I know as september approaches it will get harder to find these moments so for now I try to keep my thoughts on ripe doughnut peaches and and fresh whipped cream.  
I don't have time to post the recipe now since I am in the middle of packing up my apartment but I promise this is not from a bisquik mix as my very wise guy uncle asked right after proclaiming he prefers chocolate.  For the record he had seconds so it must have tasted just fine!  



Miles and I must get back to work 
more recipes to come once my life resume some sort of structure


No comments:

Post a Comment